Sunday, July 1, 2012

Easy Tacos

When I am talking "minute meals" I really mean it!

Here is how I make tacos on the quick.















Ingredients:
- taco shells
- fat free refried beans
- salsa
- avocado
- cumin

Simply heat up the taco shells in the oven.  While those are heating up, warm up the beans (I use the stove, but I would imagine the microwave would do the same thing).  Add cumin to taste.

To assemble: place beans inside taco shell.  Add slices of avocado, and top with salsa.  DONE!


Ok, so the taco shells aren't the most healthy for you.  But, I am all about balance people.  All the other ingredients are good, so I can make way for a not-too-good-for-you-taco-shell. 



*****

Avocados are ripe when they are soft when you gently press them.  A non-ripe avocado is pretty much worthless.  MAKE SURE the avocado is ripe and ready!

Here is a tip to cut the avocado: you all know how to open up the avocado, so do that and remove the pit.  Now, instead of scooping out the fruit, peel the skin away from the fruit.  The greatest concentration off all the good stuff is right there closest to the skin, so we want to eat that.

There are so many good things about avocado...click here and it will take you to Worlds Healthiest Food and you can read all about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment