Wednesday, January 23, 2013

quick meal idea with corn tortillas

I picked up a bag of corn tortillas the other day, and boy do they make for quick meals!


For dinner the other night I made a quick "taco" with the following ingredients:
- corn tortillas
- refried beans
- avocado
- salsa
- sour cream





1.  To start, warm your tortillas in a shallow pan on the stove.  I had my heat on medium high.  Keep you eyes on these, as they only take about 30-45 seconds a side to warm up.



2. add a heaping spoonful of warmed refried beans.  I had some leftover in the fridge from earlier this week, so I simply popped the Tupperware in the microwave and 40 seconds later I was good to go.





3.  add a slice or two of avocado.  Make sure the avocado is ripe, as there is nothing worse than a non-ripe avocado! It is ripe when you press it, it gives a bit.





4.  add a bit of salsa.




5.  add a bit of sour cream.




6.  fold over, and there you have it!



Smacznego!



2 comments:

  1. We have this a lot at our house. If I'm feeling fancy (or have at least prepared in advance), I make my own refried beans in the slow cooker. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, I have never done them in a slow cooker. Do you have a recipe? Can you freeze them once they are prepared?

      Delete