Monday, December 3, 2012

rice with pinto beans and broccoli

I picked Ben up from school the other day and was told that he had some g.i. issues.  Great way to start out a recipe blog, right?  So, I immediately thought B.R.A.T. (bananas, rice, apples, toast) diet.  I then thought about what I had in my pantry and what I could prepare for dinner.

Well, this is what I came up with: rice with pinto beans and broccoli



Ingredients:
- 2 cups rice
- 2 broccoli crowns
- frozen bag of pinto beans
     *I freeze my prepared beans in 2 cup portions
- soy sauce


1. Prepare rice as instructed on the box.  For mine, I boiled 1 3/4 cups water and added 2 cups of rice.  10 minutes later it was done.


2. While the rice is cooking, put olive oil in a pan and add chopped broccoli.  

3. In the middle of your pan add your frozen pinto beans.  Put a lid on it to so the beans cook down and the broccoli steams.  Give it a stir every couple minutes.


4. About 10 minutes later, give or take, the beans are thawed.  Add some soy sauce to the pan.  I didn't measure it exactly, but I guess it would be about 1/8 cup.  Let all that incorporate for a couple minutes.


5.  Spoon rice into bowl.  Add the beans and broccoli.  Done!

Ben and CC both ate this up.  The recipe sounds somewhat boring, but it actually has a decent flavor.  This recipe is healthy and nutritious, and super quick and easy to prepare!  

Smacznego!

No comments:

Post a Comment