Monday, March 18, 2013

Foil wrapped fish fillet

I don't know where I picked up the technique to wrap a fish fillet in foil, but I have been doing it for as long as I can remember...and it is such an easy way to prepare fish.  It cooks quickly, keeps the fish nice and moist, and it is basically fool proof. 


This particular evening, I was serving flounder. 

Basically, all you need to do is place a fillet of fish onto a sheet of foil.  In this case, I didn't even defrost the frozen fish (shhhhh...):


I always add lemon to white fish.  (If you are doing salmon, perhaps you could add some soy and brown sugar).  Usually, I would add actual lemon slices, but I didn't have any on hand so I just poured some lemon juice over the fillet:


Fold up the sides, and fold the top of the foil to create a little packet.  I always make sure to keep a little hole on top to let some of the steam escape.


Place the fish on a baking sheet. 
Bake at 350 degrees, for about 10 minutes. 


About 20 minutes before I added the fish to the oven, I placed my veggies in the oven.  I had some broccoli and sweet potatoes roasting, both with olive oil, salt & pepper.

Folks, it really was that easy to prepare this meal. 



Smacznego!



No comments:

Post a Comment