Sunday, June 24, 2012

Why I am starting this blog

I am married to a pilot who is gone a lot.

I am a mother of two young children.

I work outside of the home.

When my pilot husband is on a trip, I am a single mother.  I have a lot on my plate, pardon the pun, when my husband is gone.

Sometimes on the way home from work, and after I pick up the kids at school, I want to go through the drive-thru at the local fast food joint, because I just don't want to cook.  And then I get over my laziness, and think in my head of what I can prepare for my children that is nutritious, and QUICK!

This blog will focus on recipes and meal ideas that are nutritious and quick.  We owe it to ourselves, and our children, to prepare nutritious foods that are good for the body.  I fully believe you are what you eat, and I want my children to be as healthy as possible.  I want for my husband and I to be as healthy as possible.

I need to add this disclosure: I am not a dietitian or a nutritionist.  I have no formal education on nutrition.  I get a lot of my knowledge from www.whfoods.com and Eat to Live.

Don't think that I prepare perfect foods all the time, because I don't.  Yes, I have treats in the house and yes I sometimes service mac and cheese for dinner.   But hey, I am a Libra - I am all about balance.  I strive to do my best all the time, but in my world that isn't always possible.

The goal of this blog is to be a quick reference for quick moms (and dads) to prepare simple, quick, and nutritious meals for your family.  You can do it!  Don't use excuses when preparing a meal.  With planning and the right mindset, you can prepare meals that your kids will like and that are good for them!

Welcome aboard!  

No comments:

Post a Comment