Monday, August 27, 2012

pasta with cauliflower and parmesan cheese


Pasta with cauliflower and parmesan cheese




Three ingredients, people...
- whole wheat pasta
- cauliflower, cut into small pieces
- parmesan cheese

1. Cook the pasta, according to the directions on the box.

2. Meanwhile, steam some cauliflower until it is to your taste.  As an alternative, you can saute the cauliflower. 

3. combine the cooked pasta with the cooked cauliflower.  Sprinkle with parmesan cheese on top.

It is that simple!  When you don't have much time on your hands, and you want something healthy for your kids, take the simple steps above and you have dinner.

**

Let's talk about how good cauliflower is for you.  It is in the same family as broccoli and cabbage.  It is loaded with vitamins and phytonutrients.  It detoxifies your body, it fights against cancer, and fights unwanted inflammation.

Don't think that white = no nutrients.  The reason it is white is because it doesn't get sun during growth, since leaves cover the head.  This is a very good addition to you diet!  Eat food that feed your body, not just fill your belly.

6 comments:

  1. I think my son would love this I am totally going to try it ;0) what a great idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My two ate this easily...I think the cheese had a little something to do with that :) Simple and easy...my way when the pilot is gone.

      Delete
  2. Awesome! And easily veganized by subbing nutritional yeast for parmesan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never cooked with nutritional yeast, so I can't say. But, if you think it could work then I am sure it would be just fine :)

      Delete
  3. Do you have a steamer basket? How do you steam the cauliflower? (I admit my lack of culinary skills!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have a steamer basket buried somewhere in the depths of my cabinets...

      I usually just add about an inch of water into a pot, add the cauliflower, and then turn it on a med-high heat. I will mix the cauliflower every couple minutes so the ones on the bottom don't get too mushy.

      Delete